- Mr. Sricharan Kadimi, sophomore student of the Chemical Engineering department (class of 2019) won the Office of Undergraduate Research’s 2017 SURF Award. The Summer Undergraduate Research Fund (SURF) supports full-time UConn undergraduates with summer research and creative projects. His project title is: Development of Lipid Bicelles as Self-Assembling siRNA Delivery Vehicles.”
Faculty Mentor: Dr. Mu-Ping Nieh, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Ms. Catherine Cheu joined our group as a new Ph.D. student from polymer science (IMS).
- Mr. Armin Tahmasbi Rad won the annual award of the school of engineering for the “most marketable project of the year“.
- Dr. Nieh gave a talk at: 16, 2017 Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceutical Inc. “A Universal Lipid-Based Platform for Encapsulating Hydrophobic Molecules”, Ridgefield, CT
- Ph.D. Student Donyeil Hoy Receives NSF Fellowship from the 2017 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. In announcing the award, the NSF pointed to Hoy’s “demonstrated potential to contribute to strengthening the vitality of the U.S. science and engineering enterprise.” The 3-year award will amount to $102,000 for Mr. Hoy.